Most men don’t usually care about the wallet they carry around in their pockets until it starts to look like it’s screaming for a replacement. It’s also likely that you won’t notice your wallet’s cry for help until your significant other points out that you need to get a new one, or when you are meeting potential business partners and you suddenly need to pull out your business card. The former is fine, but the latter can be quite embarrassing. First impressions are important after all.This is why, of all the things you take for granted, you should care about your wallet the most. It carries everything you need on a daily basis, like money, credit cards, receipts, business cards, and membership cards for those precious shopping points.But don’t just get the best-looking wallet you stumble upon without considering its quality. A man’s wallet should both be presentable and functional, and the only way to ensure that it’s going to stay that way for a long time before you need a new one is to really inspect it before buying it.
Best Wallets by type
What should you be looking for in a wallet?
These are the most common type of wallet for men because they are suitable for all environments and occasions.
They come in two variants, bifold and trifold. Bifolds consist of two equal sides that fold together, while trifolds are made of two equal sides with one middle compartment where you can insert your cards and other things.
|See the bestselling Billfolds|
These, as you can tell by the name, are similar in style to billfolds except they are a lot slimmer.
They are designed to hold your money and other basic necessities while eliminating the bulkiness of regular-sized billfolds, and they are especially helpful when you are wearing slim fitted or tailored pants to a formal event.
However, they rate lower in functionality since their size doesn’t allow for a lot of storage. Hence, they are more suited for occasional use.
|See the bestselling Slim Wallets|
This type of wallet is used by people who don’t like folding their bills, as they allow you to store your money straight and flat. They also allow you to carry your checkbook around with you on a daily basis, a must for some.
While that might be appealing to you, it may be impractical to use a long wallet as your main wallet as they are not designed to be placed in your pocket but in a bag or a briefcase instead and if you’re not carrying either of them two there is a good chance you’ll be carrying your wallet
|See the bestselling Checkbook Wallets|
Money Clip Wallets
This type of wallet is used by people who don’t like the idea of carrying around a full blown wallet but want to hold there belongings in something rather than just their pocket.
If you need something even smaller and slimmer than slim wallets, try a money clip wallet. They are exactly what they sound like – they are almost gadget-like in appearance and hold money for when you don’t have enough space for your wallet. Some even have space for your cards
The only downside to these types of wallets is that you cannot fit much into them. If you are a minimalist then a money clip wallet is a must.
|See the bestselling Checkbook Wallets|
Wallet Material type
Leather – Most wallets are made of leather because they are the most presentable and professional-looking. You also have two main types of leather to choose from: cow leather and alligator skin. Cow leather is the most common because it’s durable and good-looking. However, it doesn’t always give the most luxurious feeling. Alligator skin, on the other hand, has a distinct pattern that makes it more interesting than cow leather.
Cotton – Cotton wallets are not as durable as leather wallets, but they do look good and are a great way to express yourself and your personal style, matching different designs and colors to your outfits.
Synthetic – If you need a quick replacement for your disintegrating wallet without breaking the bank, synthetic wallets are a good option. They mimic the look of leather wallets but are made out of other artificial materials.
Remember to look into the wallet’s construction because this will tell you about its quality. Always go for wallets that are more flexible,as they are far more likely to last a long time being folded, unfolded, and slipped into tight pant pockets repeatedly.
Check out the bestselling men’s wallet
Travelambo RFID Front Pocket Slim Wallet, Genuine Leather
The Top Five Men’s Wallets, Reviewed
To make your search for the best men’s wallet a lot easier, let us help you by starting you off with five of the highest rated wallets online.
Huskk Slim RFID Wallet for Men
Bring your cash and cards anywhere you go with the Huskk Slim Wallet. It’s made of 100% vegetable tanned leather, designed to last a long time without fading. Its slim build also allows you to carry it comfortably without compromising its quality. It’s perfect for the minimalist man (or woman) hard at work as it’s both stylish and functional, and available in a variety of colors.
- Ultra-thin leather car holder that holds up to 10 cards
- Minimal style for a more comfortable carry
- Carry you cash, credit cards, and ID with you with this wallet
- Made with 100% natural leather
- Durable, flexible, and timeless
- Designed in London with superior craftsmanship in mind
- Credit card holder equipped with anti-theft RFID blocking technology to prevent electronic theft
- It has a nice, professional, minimalist design.
- It is sturdy and made of high-quality leather
- The pull tab for the credit card is sturdy and works well
- It’s not bulky and fits great in front or back pockets; it always feels light
- It’s design gives you quick access to your cash and cards
- It has limited storage space if you plan on carrying a lot of cards
The Huskk Slim RFID Wallet is a great slim type wallet for people who do not like carrying all their cash or cards with them anywhere they go. It fits almost anywhere, even in the tightest pants, and it doesn’t add any bulk or weight so it stays comfortable. Of course, given its smaller size, it’s not going to be able to hold a stack of cards and bills, so you will need your good old billfold for that.
FlyHawk Best RFID Blocking Top Genuine Leather Wallet
Made of Italian Nappa leather, the FlyHawk Best Genuine Leather Wallet is a space-saver with its slim and minimalistic build. Even with this design, it doesn’t sacrifice durability and functionality as it’s still every bit as effective as your regular billfold wallet. It’s also armed with RFID blocking technology to keep your credit cards safe from electronic theft. This beautifully crafted wallet is everything you
- Made of Italian genuine cowhide leather
- A wallet that only gets better with age
- RFID blocking for electronic theft prevention
- Offers security and doesn’t compromise functionality
- Perfect for storing in your front pocket
- Carry money, ID, and a few cards with you
- Double-bill compartment
- 9 credit card slots and 2 leather-framed ID window
- The wallet is spacious and fits everything you need to carry with you on a daily basis
- It is made of genuine leather so you know it’s high-quality before you even feel it
- It has numerous different compartments for your items
- It’s easy to find and pull out what you need quickly.
- It’s slim and lightweight, making it comfortable to carry around in your pocket without the bulk or extra weight
- It looks sleek and professional
- It’s flexible and slips into your pocket without it bending
The FlyHawk Best RFID Blocking Top Genuine Leather Wallet is truly one of the best men’s wallets that will not only hold your personal necessities but will protect them as well. The RFID blocking technology is tried and tested by experts, and the many compartments are enough to hold basically everything you want to have with you at all times – bills, receipts, credit cards, and IDs, all of that will fit and stay safe here. Plus, its functionality doesn’t sacrifice its style and vice versa – it stays small, slim, and lightweight. Grab this now and never let it go!
Serman Brands RFID Blocking Bifold Slim
Bring your most valuable necessities with you on the go without the hassle of bulky pants pockets. Serman Brands’ bifold slim wallet promises to remain “as thin as your smartphone” in your pocket no matter how much you carry in it. It’s made of handcrafted top grain leather so it’s slim and lightweight, and has a smart pull-tab so you can just pull out what you need in no time.
- Made with only the finest full gained genuine leather
- Quick access ID windows for work ID or driving license
- Fits 6-8 credit cards and bills with no bulk
- Designed with minimal pull-tab design to avoid bulk
- Comes with a front pocket for your most used card
- Carry money, ID, and a few cards with you
- Smart pull-strap for easy access
- Equipped with advanced RFID Secure Technology engineered to block 13.56 MHz and higher to protect sensitive information
- This wallet has lots of storage capacity that it fits everything you need
- The pull-tab is really helpful for holding your most used cards and giving you quick access to them
- Most of the slots easily slide out from their sleeve
- The wallet remains slim and lightweight despite its contents; no bulk at all
- The wallet has a great feel to it, classy, professional are just a few words that spring to mind when you hold it
- You don’t need to pull out your ID or driver’s license to show/read it because of the large window
- The lower slot is a little more difficult to pull out than the others
The Serman Brands RFID Blocking Bifold Slim Wallet is a great option for people who like to carry around all of their cards and IDs. It fits all these in slots that pull out easily (most of them, anyway), and is stylish enough to be taken out when you want to make a cool first impression, if that is something important to you. A couple of slots have been a little more difficult to pull out a card/ID from, but you can work around that by storing smaller-sized IDs there.
Huskk Slim Front Pocket Leather RFID Wallet for Men
This slim front pocket wallet is another one from Huskk, and is also made from 100% vegetable tanned leather. It also comes with the benefits of a slim wallet but with the additional functionality of a bifold wallet, allowing you to carry up to 8 cards all at once. The RFID signal blocker protects you from electronic theft, and the lightweight and slim design keep things from looking bulky. It also bears the signature minimalistic look of Huskk.
- Ultra-thin men’s bifold leather wallet design
- Minimal design for a stylish look
- Holds up to 8 cards
- Comfortably carry all your cards, IDs, and cash in a front pocket wallet
- Has a cash clip for carrying bills and a clear pocket for holding IDs/driver’s license
- Made with 100% natural full-grain leather
- Has RFID blocking material
- Available in a range of colours: tan, black, blue, or dark brown
- This wallet’s design makes it easy to carry all the cards, IDs, and cash you need
- It’s well-made and looks good with its minimalist design
- The wallet is lightweight and stays slim; it doesn’t bulk up your back or front pocket
- The simplicity of the design makes it suitable for any occasion and outfit
- It’s well-constructed and feels like it will be long lasting
- It’s easy to pull out what you need from it
- We were unable to find any fault with this wallet, a great all rounder
If you want a no-frills, slim front pocket wallet, try this one from Huskk. It stays slim no matter what you put in it, and it fits everything you can possibly need. It’s perfect if you are someone who likes to carry around only the most important things, like a few cards and bills and an ID. It’s easy to pull out of your pocket and you could have no complaints about its design because it’s simple yet professional-looking.
Motion Trend Men’s RFID Wallet
Motion Trend Men’s Wallet could be the epitome of the basic billfold wallet, except it’s not basic at all. It fits everything you need to carry around with you when you’re out and about while protecting your information from RIFD scanners by blocking signals ranging from 10MHz to 3000MHz. It’s made of premium cowhide leather and comes in a sleek and elegant design that proves that you don’t need to sacrifice aesthetics for functionality or vice versa.
- RFID blocker to protect your cards and personal information.
- Made with 100% high-quality top grain leather
- Beautifully crafted and sewn together
- Stylish bifold design with spacious card slots, non-stick window, and compartments
- Functional and stylish at the same time
- Comes in different classic colours and a minimalist design
- This wallet looks nice and sleek, perfect for professionals and for use on any occasion
- It’s soft to the touch
- It’s large enough to fit everything you need: bills, credit cards, driver’s license, other IDs, and membership cards are all within your reach when you have this in your pocket
- It has many compartments and dividers that allow you to separate your cards and bills
- It’s high-quality and durable; flexible enough to bend without wearing out
- It’s lightweight despite its size and capacity
- The Wallet can seem a big bigger than the other wallets if you pack it with all your items but we if think if you want to have all your belongings with you this is not even an issue
Motion Trend Men’s RFID Wallet is really just a decent, basic billfold wallet that does what a wallet is supposed to do. It holds your money, credits cards, and IDs well and stays in your pocket without making you uncomfortable and your back pocket bulky, but its claims of blocking RFID signals is not true at all. This was tested and proven to be false, and you should not rely on this alone to protect you from identity theft. However, it’s still a good wallet with a great capacity for the price.
More reviews of men’s wallets
We reviewed a wide range of men’s wallets to find the one that suits you best, like all things in life having a variety to select from is important, especially when you are trusting this to carry your most valuable possessions. See below for a few more men’s wallets that we reviewed.
The conclusion of the best men’s wallets reviewed
If we had to pick just one, we would recommend the FlyHawk Best RFID Blocking Top Genuine Leather Wallet. It does what it says it does. You can have your cash, cards, and all sorts of necessities in your pocket and it makes it easy to carry around because of its capacity and comfortable weight. The design is perfect for professional men who need to keep everything within reach, and the RFID blocker feature actually works to keep you protected! If this sounds like what you need, go ahead and grab one now.