Most men don’t usually care about the wallet they carry around in their pockets until it starts to look like it’s screaming for a replacement. It’s also likely that you won’t notice your wallet’s cry for help until your significant other points out that you need to get a new one, or when you are meeting potential business partners and you suddenly need to pull out your business card. The former is fine, but the latter can be quite embarrassing. First impressions are important after all.This is why, of all the things you take for granted, you should care about your wallet the most. It carries everything you need on a daily basis, like money, credit cards, receipts, business cards, and membership cards for those precious shopping points.But don’t just get the best-looking wallet you stumble upon without considering its quality. A man’s wallet should both be presentable and functional, and the only way to ensure that it’s going to stay that way for a long time before you need a new one is to really inspect it before buying it.
What should you be looking for in a wallet?
Billfolds are the most common type of wallet for men because they are suitable for all environments and occasions.
They come in two variants, bifold and trifold. Bifolds consist of two equal sides that fold together, while trifolds are made of two equal sides with one middle compartment where you can insert your cards and other things.
These, as you can tell by the name are similar in style to billfolds except they are a lot slimmer.
Slim wallets are designed to hold your money and other basic necessities while eliminating the bulkiness of regular-sized billfolds, and they are especially helpful when you are wearing slim fitted or tailored pants to a formal event.
However, they rate lower in functionality since their size doesn’t allow for a lot of storage. Hence, they are more suited for occasional use.
Checkbook wallets are used by people who don’t like folding their bills, as they allow you to store your money straight and flat. They also allow you to carry your checkbook around with you on a daily basis, a must for some.
While that might be appealing to you, it may be impractical to use a long wallet as your main wallet as they are not designed to be placed in your pocket but in a bag or a briefcase instead and if you’re not carrying either of them two there is a good chance you’ll be carrying your wallet
Money Clip Wallets
Money clip wallets are like a two prong attack to holding your items.
If you need something even smaller and slimmer than slim wallets, try a money clip wallet. They are exactly what they sound like – they are almost gadget-like in appearance and hold money for when you don’t have enough space for your wallet. Some even have space for your cards
The only downside to these types of wallets is that you cannot fit much into them. If you are a minimalist then a money clip wallet is a must.
Wallet Material type
Leather – Most wallets are made of leather because they are the most presentable and professional-looking. You also have two main types of leather to choose from: cow leather and alligator skin. Cow leather is the most common because it’s durable and good-looking. However, it doesn’t always give the most luxurious feeling. Alligator skin, on the other hand, has a distinct pattern that makes it more interesting than cow leather.
Cotton – Cotton wallets are not as durable as leather wallets, but they do look good and are a great way to express yourself and your personal style, matching different designs and colors to your outfits.
Synthetic – If you need a quick replacement for your disintegrating wallet without breaking the bank, synthetic wallets are a good option. They mimic the look of leather wallets but are made out of other artificial materials.
Remember to look into the wallet’s construction because this will tell you about its quality. Always go for wallets that are more flexible,as they are far more likely to last a long time being folded, unfolded, and slipped into tight pant pockets repeatedly.
Haven’t got time to search?
look no further, the Travelambo RFID Front Pocket Slim Wallet is the best selling wallet and for good reason too, check out our review or buy it from Amazon
The Top Five Men’s Wallets, Reviewed
To make your search for the best men’s wallet a lot easier, let us help you by starting you off with five of the highest rated wallets online.
Huskk Slim RFID Wallet for Men
- Ultra-thin leather car holder that holds up to 10 cards
- Minimal style for a more comfortable carry
- Carry you cash, credit cards, and ID with you with this wallet
- Made with 100% natural leather
- Durable, flexible, and timeless
- Designed in London with superior craftsmanship in mind
- Credit card holder equipped with anti-theft RFID blocking technology to prevent electronic theft
FlyHawk Best RFID Blocking Top Genuine Leather Wallet
- Made of Italian genuine cowhide leather
- A wallet that only gets better with age
- RFID blocking for electronic theft prevention
- Offers security and doesn’t compromise functionality
- Perfect for storing in your front pocket
- Carry money, ID, and a few cards with you
- Double-bill compartment
- 9 credit card slots and 2 leather-framed ID window
Serman Brands RFID Blocking Bifold Slim
- Made with only the finest full gained genuine leather
- Quick access ID windows for work ID or driving license
- Fits 6-8 credit cards and bills with no bulk
- Designed with minimal pull-tab design to avoid bulk
- Comes with a front pocket for your most used card
- Carry money, ID, and a few cards with you
- Smart pull-strap for easy access
- Equipped with advanced RFID Secure Technology engineered to block 13.56 MHz and higher to protect sensitive information
Huskk Slim Front Pocket Leather RFID Wallet for Men
- Ultra-thin men’s bifold leather wallet design
- Holds up to 8 cards
- Comfortably carry all your cards, IDs, and cash in a front pocket wallet
- Has a cash clip for carrying bills and a clear pocket for holding IDs/driver’s license
- Made with 100% natural full-grain leather
- Has RFID blocking material
- Available in a range of colours: tan, black, blue, or dark brown
Motion Trend Men’s RFID Wallet
- RFID blocker to protect your cards and personal information.
- Beautifully crafted and sewn together
- Stylish bifold design with spacious card slots, non-stick window, and compartments
- Functional and stylish at the same time
- Comes in different classic colours and a minimalist design
More reviews of men’s wallets
We reviewed a wide range of men’s wallets to find the one that suits you best, like all things in life having a variety to select from is important, especially when you are trusting this to carry your most valuable possessions. See below for a few more men’s wallets that we reviewed.
|Dante RFID Blocking Cowhide Leather Wallet for Men with 2 ID Windows|
The conclusion of the best men’s wallets reviewed
If we had to pick just one, we would recommend the FlyHawk Best RFID Blocking Top Genuine Leather Wallet. It does what it says it does. You can have your cash, cards, and all sorts of necessities in your pocket and it makes it easy to carry around because of its capacity and comfortable weight. The design is perfect for professional men who need to keep everything within reach, and the RFID blocker feature actually works to keep you protected! If this sounds like what you need, go ahead and grab one now.